Michael Colin Barrows, Esq.
Michael C. Barrows practices in all areas of matrimonial law at the trial and appellate levels, with a particular emphasis on complex contested divorce litigation. In addition to his divorce litigation practice, Mr. Barrows represents clients in uncontested divorce matters, divorce mediation and the negotiation of separation and pre-nuptial agreements.
As an experienced trial attorney and appellate advocate, Mr. Barrows has successfully prosecuted and defended complex civil, criminal and commercial actions on behalf of clients located in the New York City, Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens, and Staten Island and Nassau and Suffolk Counties in Long Island.
Mr. Barrows’ commercial litigation experience includes State and Federal matters involving actions for breach of contract, shareholder disputes, fraud and fraudulent inducement, mismanagement, theft, unlawful transfer of assets, breach of fiduciary duty, employer/employee disputes, and commercial collections.
- Matrimonial & Family Law
- Commercial Litigation & Appellate Practice
- Criminal Defense
- B.A. Philosophy, Politics & Law, Binghamton University; 2000
- Juris Doctor, Brooklyn Law School; 2003
- New York
- Eastern District of New York
- Southern District of New York
- Western District of New York
- District Court, Washington D.C.
- Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
In the News
- FAMILY TO “PREPPY KILLER”: PAY UP – New York Post
- Dementia Stopped Peter Max From Painting – New York Times
- Beauty sues sugar daddy for 1.5 Million – New York Post
- Auction House lied about 600k Medallion – New York Post
Awards & Recognitions
- Super Lawyer (2015-2020)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent
- Avvo Rated 10.0 (Superb)
- 2020 Top Attorney Award For Divorce & Family Law in Nassau County- Attorney.com
- 2020 Top Attorney Award For Divorce & Family Law in Suffolk County- Attorney.com
- 2020 Top Attorney Award For Divorce & Family Law in New York County- Attorney.com