There are few areas of law more personal than family law, which is why if you are currently undergoing any family law issue, such as divorce, child custody, or otherwise, you can depend on a compassionate Nassau County family lawyer here at Barrows Levy PLLC who truly understands the importance of obtaining a positive outcome on your behalf. We know that you and your family have a lot on the line, which is why you have our pledge to do everything in our power to ensure that you and your family are protected through every step of the process. We serve clients in Nassau County, Suffolk County, Garden City, New York City, Queens, Brooklyn, Hempstead, Uniondale, East Meadow, Elmont, Long Island, and Manhattan. Contact our firm today to learn more about how we can assist you.
Nassau County Family Law Attorney | Protecting You and Your Family
When someone has a critical family law matter at hand, the most important thing they can do is hire a knowledgeable attorney who is ready to provide them with the personalized and effective legal services they deserve in their time of need. Fortunately, you have just found those attorneys here at Barrows Levy PLLC.
Our Legal Services
Our skilled team has decades of experience handling various family and matrimonial issues, and we are ready to put that experience to work for you. Some of the family law issues that our firm handles are as follows:
- Alimony: When couples get divorced, oftentimes, the financially dependent spouse will require alimony, or spousal support, to maintain his or her standard of living that was established during their marriage. This is a critical divorce-related issue that requires the attention of an experienced Nassau County family law attorney who can work to ensure that you receive the alimony payments they need.
- Business Valuation: When one or both spouses own a business, there is a very good chance that their business will be subject to equitable distribution. As you can imagine, dividing a business between spouses in a divorce agreement is often very challenging, which is why they need a skilled attorney who has the knowledge and experience required to accurately value a business to help ensure it is divided fairly and equitably.
- Child Custody: If you are a divorcing parent, your child custody agreement is most likely at the top of your list. Our firm is here to help ensure that you can continue to play an active role in raising your child.
- Child Support: Whether you are the payor or the payee, child support is most likely an extremely prominent issue in your divorce. However, we understand that your child’s best interests are paramount, which is why our firm will work to obtain a favorable child support agreement on behalf of you and your child.
- Child Visitation: When one spouse is awarded sole custody of a child, the other spouse, understandably, still wants nothing more than to remain a part of their child’s life. Our firm can fight for the visitation rights you deserve so you can continue to see, and raise, your child.
- Mothers’ Rights: Mothers and their children have unbreakable bonds, and if you’re getting divorced as a mother, you need an attorney who can protect you and your right to custody.
- Fathers’ Rights: Just as mothers have custody rights, if you are a father and are worried about losing custody of your child, you should understand you have rights as well. We are here to preserve those rights.
- Divorce: Divorce is emotionally, legally, and, oftentimes, financially complex. This is why you cannot afford to proceed without a seasoned Nassau County divorce attorney who knows the ins and outs of New York divorce law. We will seek to attain a favorable outcome on your behalf, all while making the process move along as smoothly and swiftly as possible.
- Contested Divorce: A contested divorce is when both spouses cannot agree on the terms of their divorce. When this happens, the court will have to determine the outcome of a divorce. Our legal team has effectively handled countless contested divorces over the years, and we are ready to do the same for your case.
- Domestic Violence: Feeling unsafe in your own home is unthinkable, yet unfortunately, many people throughout the state of New York find themselves in this terrible situation. If you are a victim of domestic violence, our Nassau County family law attorneys are here to protect you in any way we can.
- High Net Worth Divorce: The more assets there are on the line, the more critical it is to hire an attorney experienced in property division matters. Our firm is well-versed in complicated & high-conflict cases involving complex property divisions, business evaluations, and other discrepancies that often accompany high net worth divorces.
- LGBTQ Family Law: Members of the LGBTQ community deal with the same family law issues as all other couples, and our firm has significant experience handling such cases.
- Post-Judgment Modifications: Whether your life has simply changed since the finalization of your divorce, or your ex-spouse is refusing to abide by the terms of your settlement agreement or judgment of divorce, we can help you file a post-judgment enforcement proceeding.
- Prenuptial Agreements: All over the country, people are realizing the benefits of drafting prenuptial agreements before marriage. By doing so, you can protect your hard-earned assets from the pitfalls of a potential future divorce. Our firm has drafted countless prenuptial agreements, and we can draft yours as well.
- Property Distribution: When couples get divorced, oftentimes, a judge will determine which spouse gets which assets in the equitable distribution process. Our firm can advocate on your behalf in an effort to preserve your assets so you can keep what is rightfully yours.
- Relocation: After a divorce, oftentimes, one spouse will wish to move away with their child. However, if they do not get permission from the child’s other parent, they will need the help of an attorney who can work to prove to the courts that relocation is in the best interests of the child.
- Uncontested Divorce: When spouses can agree on the terms of their divorce, they are in what is known as an “uncontested divorce.” That being said, uncontested divorces can quickly become contested, which is why all those going through uncontested divorces should strongly consider retaining competent legal representation.
Contact Our Nassau County Family Law Attorney
No matter the legal matter at hand, you can depend on a skilled Nassau County family lawyer here at Barrows Levy PLLC to fight for a favorable outcome on your behalf. Contact us today to schedule your initial consultation with our firm so we can discuss your situation and determine the best strategy going forward.