For many, divorce is the single most complicated legal matter they’ll ever face, which is why if you are about to get divorced, you shouldn’t proceed without a competent North Bellmore divorce lawyer on your side. Continue reading and contact Barrows Levy PLLC today to learn more about how our legal team can guide you through each facet of the divorce process.
North Bellmore Divorce Lawyer | On Your Side
If you’re getting divorced, you can’t hire just any attorney; you need a knowledgeable and compassionate attorney who will be there to listen to your concerns, provide you with candid legal advice, and determine the best possible strategy to achieve your goals. Once you partner with our firm, you’ll understand that you truly are our number one priority.
Our Legal Services
Here at Barrows Levy PLLC, we have decades of combined legal experience representing clients in North Bellmore through a wide array of family law matters, including the following:
- Business Valuation
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Child Visitation
- Contested Divorce
- Domestic Violence
- High Net Worth Divorce
- LGBTQ Family Law
- Post-Judgment Modifications
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Property Distribution
- Uncontested Divorce
Preparing for a Divorce | What You Should Know
For many, divorce is a life-altering legal matter. Often, the outcome of a divorce is bound to shape both spouses’ lives forever. For this reason, it is critical that you prepare for your divorce before you begin the process. Some of the best ways you can prepare for your divorce are as follows:
- Make sure you’re emotionally ready. Divorce is a complex, and often emotional & time-consuming process. It is not rare for divorces to drag on for months or longer, so you must ensure you’re ready for the weeks and months to come. Divorce is not a spontaneous decision.
- If you feel ready, you should begin collecting financial documents. This can include bank statements, pay stubs, credit card statements, W2s, retirement assets, tax returns, and more. Having this information ready can help expedite the process and ensure you provide full disclosure of your assets, which each spouse has to do in a divorce.
- Stay organized. Keep a folder of all documentation pertaining to your divorce. Create a financial plan, where you calculate your weekly/monthly income vs. your weekly/monthly expenses. Account for foreseeable future expenses, such as medical bills, car payments, etc.
- Hire an experienced North Bellmore divorce lawyer who can help ensure you’re exactly where you should be, every step of the way.
Contact a North Bellmore Divorce Lawyer
Here at Barrows Levy PLLC, we understand that divorce is far more than a legal matter. Our goal is to prepare you for your divorce, help you reach a positive outcome, and ensure you’re on the right path after your divorce. Contact us today to schedule your initial consultation.